Kerbal Attachment System (KAS)
This mod is another extension to the EVA duty of the kerbonauts. Now they can link different vessels together. Why linking? Well, how about transferring resources without docking? Or maybe two vessels need to stay together while not docked. Even more, this mod has active parts that can work as winches!
A great variety of links is supported:
- Rigid. It's basically a simple strut, but kerbals can set it up or remove being EVA. Bring some of these things on your Mun base and reinforce the structure!
- Rigid unlocked. It's still the same strut, but the joints are unlocked. It allows the vessels to move, while not getting too close or too far to/from each other.
- Active rigid. Do you need to tow a vessel? If yes, then you need a tow bar. Only in KAS you can find advanced models of tow bars that can assist steering. Greater towing speed means more fun!
- Flexible. It's an elastic cable that can stretch at some extent while still forcing the vessel to stay together.
- Active flexible. It's still a cable, but now its distance can be changed either via an EVA kerbal, or via a remote control GUI. Basically, it's an electric winch.
- Resource transfer. Zero structure force in exchange to an ability to have some free length. Link the vessels up to the maximum distance and move the resources via a convenient GUI (a way more convenient than the stock one!).
Almost any type allows remotely docking the vessels. Once docked, the vessels become a single base where the stock game functionality can work.
* The videos above were created using the pre-release versions of KAS. Real appearance can differ.
You can support this and the other of my mods on Patreon. This is where I post my ideas, prototypes and the features development progress.
Other useful mods for EVA
If you want doing EVA comfortably, you really should consider adding these mods as well:
How to install
- Install and run CKAN.
- Search for "Kerbal Attachment System" or just "KAS", then install the mod.
- Occasionally run CKAN client to update KAS (and other mods) to the latest version.
- If you follow this path, then all the KAS dependencies will be updated automatically. It may save you a lot of time during the update.
- Download the ZIP archive:
- If you have an older version of the mod in your game, you must delete all the old files first! Do not just copy over, this will likely result in compatibility issues.
- Unzip the release archive into the game's
- Note, that names of the folders must be exactly like in the archive or the mod won't work.
- The release archive contains the minimum versions of the required dependencies:
CommunityCatgeoryKit. If your game has better versions, do not overwrite!
- Verify the installation: the mod's
LICENSE.md file must be located at
Ask questions and propose suggestions on
Version 1.4 for Kerbal Space Program 1.7.3
Released on 2019-06-08
1.4 (June 7th, 2019):
- [Change] Update ES-ES localization.
- [Enhancement] Use icon of better resolution in the editor to avoid bluring.
- [Fix #271] KSP 1.7.1 breaks grabbing connectors from winch type parts.
Version 1.3 for Kerbal Space Program 1.7.0
Released on 2019-04-21
1.3 (April 21st, 2019):
- [Change] KSP 1.7 compatibility.
- [Fix #263] Missing files trying to compile locally.
- [Fix #264] It's seems that KAS v1.2 do not support KSP v1.7.
Version 1.2 for Kerbal Space Program 1.6.1
Released on 2019-04-08
1.2 (Apr 8th, 2019):
- [Change] ATTENTION! The lagacy parts are not provided in this verison!!! Read Wiki for more details.
- [Enhancement] Add French localziation.
- [Enhancement] Add Portuguese localziation.
- [Enhancement #260] Add a setting to control the couple state on link.
- [Change] Major update to the basic renderer module to increase UX experience.
- [Fix #236] Support action groups in winches.
- [Fix #252] NRE when entering the vessel from EVA.
- [Fix #255] KAS link throws when loading save file.
- [Fix #258] Connectors break on entering the physics bubble.
- [Fix #260] Add a setting to control the couple state on link.
Version 1.1 for Kerbal Space Program 1.5.1
Released on 2018-10-30
1.1 (October 29th, 2018):
- [Enhancement] Add ES-ES localization.
- [Fix #249] Pylons are not get equipped when carried.
Version 1.0 for Kerbal Space Program 1.5.1
Released on 2018-10-23
1.0 (October 21st, 2018):
- [Change] KSP 1.5 compatibility.
- [Fix #238] Multiple RTS dialogs conflict with each other.
- [Fix #239] RTS dialog cannot be moved.
- [Fix #240] RTS-1 doesn't see all the resources on the vessel.
- [Fix #241] RTS-1 doesn't allow passing fuel in the docked mode.
- [Fix #242] Use resource definition to check if it can be transferred in RTS.
- [Fix #244] GP-20 & BGP-400 are not in the KAS tab in VAB.
- [Fix #246] Timewarp doesn't affect the RTS-1 transfer speed.
Stats for Kerbal Attachment System (KAS)
Downloads over time
New followers per day