Surface Mounted Lights
The stock light parts are designed to light the distant objects. However, the station itself needs some lighting to be usable when passing thru the dark side of the celestial body. The lighting parts in this mod are designed to highlight the surface, on which they are mounted.
Illuminates a small area on the vessel's surface.
Illuminate the parts and objects at a small distance.
4Way Spot light
A special version of the spot light that emits light in 4 perpendicular directions. Each light can be adjusted and controlled independently.
- The stock lights get an ability to change the lens color. It make them looking much cooler.
- All light parts, including the stock ones, can be adjusted in flight when EVA. The following properties can be adjusted:
- On/OFF status. Even if the vessel that owns the part is not controllable.
- Color of the light.
- The light part lens intensity. In Advanced Tweakables mode only.
- The spotlight angle. In Advanced Tweakables mode only.
- The light range. In Advanced Tweakables mode only.
You can support this and the other of my mods on Patreon. This is where I post my ideas, prototypes and the features development progress.
How to install
- Install and run CKAN.
- Search for "Surface Mounted Lights", then install the mod.
- Occasionally run CKAN client to update the mod to the latest version.
- Download the ZIP archive:
- If you have an older version of the mod in your game, you must delete all the old files first! Do not just copy over, this will likely result in compatibility issues.
- Unzip the release archive into the game's
- Note, that names of the folders must be exactly like in the archive or the mod won't work.
- The release archive contains a minimum version of the required dependency:
ModuleManager. If your game has better versions, do not overwrite!
- Verify the installation: the mod's
LICENSE.md file must be located at
Ask questions and propose suggestions on
Version 1.16 for Kerbal Space Program 1.10.1
Released on 2020-05-13
1.16 (May 12th, 2020):
- [Fix #4] Add range and spot angle adjutsable controls.
- [Fix #27] Allow light color and status be controllable in EVA and in flight.
- [Fix #28] Stock lights don't show up in the CCK category.
- [Change] Stop complaining about KSP minor version change.
- [Enhancement] Add PAW action to reset the changed settings to the state at the scene load.
- [Enhancement] Allow ReStock+ light parts orientation for EVA adjustment.
Download (272.98 KiB)
Version 1.15 for Kerbal Space Program 1.8.1
Released on 2019-12-02
1.15 (December 1st, 2019):
- [Fix #25] Stock lights don't emit light, conflict with Restock.
Download (142.62 KiB)
Version 1.14 for Kerbal Space Program 1.8.1
Released on 2019-10-28
1.14 (October 27th, 2019):
KSP 1.8 compatibility. WARNING: the mod won't work with version lower than
Download (138.95 KiB)
Version 1.13 for Kerbal Space Program 1.7.3
Released on 2019-04-24
1.13 (April 23rd, 2019):
- [Change] KSP 1.7 compatibility.
Download (138.85 KiB)
Version 1.12 for Kerbal Space Program 1.6.1
Released on 2019-03-09
1.12 (March 8th, 2019):
- [Fix #19] Compatibility with ReStock mod.
Download (149.06 KiB)
Version 1.11 for Kerbal Space Program 1.6.1
Released on 2019-01-12
1.11 (January 12th, 2019):
- [Enhancement] Add Portuguese localization (PT_br).
- [Fix #16] Parts without bulkheadProfiles breaks KSP 1.6.
Download (144.18 KiB)
Version 1.10 for Kerbal Space Program 1.6.1
Released on 2018-12-22
1.10 (December 22nd, 2018)
- [Change] KSP 1.6 compatibility.
Download (136.20 KiB)
Version 1.9 for Kerbal Space Program 1.5.1
Released on 2018-10-17
1.9 (OCtober 16th, 2018)
- [Change] KSP 1.5 compatibility.
Download (136.29 KiB)
Version 1.8 for Kerbal Space Program 1.4.5
Released on 2018-07-20
1.8 (July 8th, 2018)
- [Change] Upgrade the
ModuleManager dependency version.
- [Enhancement] Add Italian localization (IT_it).
- [Enhancement] Add Spanish localization (ES_es).
Download (136.30 KiB)
Stats for Surface Mounted Lights
Downloads over time
New followers per day