Easy Vessel Switch (EVS)
The stock game doesn't care much about the camera stabilization when you switch between the vessels. You can walk in EVA, enter a pod, and end up with a camera looking in the sky. Or you may want to take a closer look at some part of your big station, but the camera focus is
bound to the station's center of mass, and the part of the interest is far away form it.
This mod can help you solving these troubles! With EVS:
- ...the camera will stop jumping around randomly. There are two modes of stabilization that allow preserving the view in the scene (switch with
- ...you're able to focus the view on any part of any vessel with a simple mouse click (with
O hold, it's configurable)...
- ...a new active vessel can be selected by simply holding
ALT (configurable) and clicking on the vessel you like...
- ...the basic info of a vessel can be quickly seen by simply hovering over it (with
And this mod speaks 5 major languages in case of some of your kerbals are picky in this sense.
You can support this and the other of my mods on Patreon. This is where I post my ideas, prototypes and the features development progress.
Other useful mods for EVA
If you want doing EVA comfortably, you really should consider adding these mods as well:
How to install
- Install and run CKAN.
- Search for "Easy Vessel Switch" or just "EVS", then install the mod.
- Occasionally run CKAN client to update EVS (and other mods) to the latest version.
- If you follow this path, then all the EVS dependencies will be updated automatically. It may save you a lot of time during the update.
- Download the ZIP archive:
- If you have an older version of the mod in your game, you must delete all the old files first! Do not just copy over, this will likely result in compatibility issues.
- Unzip the release archive into the game's
- Note, that names of the folders must be exactly like in the archive or the mod won't work.
- Verify the installation: the mod's
LICENSE.md file must be located at
Ask questions and propose suggestions on
Version 2.3 for Kerbal Space Program 1.12.1
Released on 2021-07-02
2.3 (July 1st, 2021)
- [Change] The hint overlay now uses the stock Unity GUI style.
- [Change] The only adjustable text property is now the font size. Set the font size to
0 or just comment out the line to use the default game's font size.
- [Change] The hint overlay is now rescaling to the game's UI scale.
- [Change] An explicit setting
showOverlay is added to the settings to stop showing the overlay.
- [Enhancement] Workaround the
KSP 1.12 bug that halts the game in case of duplicated mods are detected.
Download (157.89 KiB)
Version 2.2 for Kerbal Space Program 1.11.2
Released on 2021-01-20
2.2 (January 19th, 2021)
- [Change] Switch to KSP 1.11. There is no backwards compatibility!
- [Change] Drop the old
MiniAVC in favor of
- [Enhancement] Some fixes in French localization.
- [Fix #33] Allow to disable the vessel overlay.
- [Fix #34] Conflict with stock building system.
- [Fix #35] Expose stabilization mode in API.
Download (171.81 KiB)
Version 2.1 for Kerbal Space Program 1.11.0
Released on 2020-03-03
2.1 (March, 3rd, 2020)
- [Change] Switch to C# compiler v6.0.
- [Change] Set maximum KSP version to
1.99 due to now Squad team increases the minor part on any release, except a bugfix one (and it's the right way to treat versions!).
- [Enhancement] Fixing typos in the default localization strings descriptions.
Download (100.80 KiB)
Version 2.0 for Kerbal Space Program 1.8.1
Released on 2019-10-24
2.0 (October 10th, 2019)
- [Change] KSP 1.8 compatibility. WARNING Mod versions of
v2.0 and higher are not compatible to KSP versions prior to
- [Change] Upgrade to
C# .Net 4.5.
- [Enhancement] Add Chinese Simplified localization.
- [Enhancement] Add French localization. And fixing some doc strings.
Download (101.02 KiB)
Version 1.11 for Kerbal Space Program 1.7.3
Released on 2019-04-24
1.11 (April 23rd, 2019)
- [Change] KSP 1.7 compatibility.
Download (93.14 KiB)
Version 1.10 for Kerbal Space Program 1.6.1
Released on 2018-12-26
1.10 (December 25th, 2018)
- [Change] KSP 1.6 compatibility.
Download (95.35 KiB)
Version 1.9 for Kerbal Space Program 1.5.1
Released on 2018-10-17
1.9 (October 16th, 2018)
- [Change] KSP 1.5 compatibility.
Download (89.62 KiB)
Version 1.8 for Kerbal Space Program 1.4.5
Released on 2018-07-14
1.8 (July 11th, 2018)
- [Change] Upgrade KSPDev Utils to 0.37.0. Stability fix.
Download (89.61 KiB)
Version 1.7 for Kerbal Space Program 1.4.4
Released on 2018-07-13
1.7 (July 7th, 2018)
- [Change] Upgrade KSPDev Utils to 0.36.0.
- [Enhancement] Add Italian localization (IT_it).
- [Enhancement] Add Espaniol localization (ES_es).
Download (88.60 KiB)
Stats for Easy Vessel Switch
Downloads over time
Downloads per version
New followers per day