Orbit Portal Technology [OPT] is a Research and Development company dedicated to space plane and trans-atmospheric propulsion technology.
This mod Was created by K.Yeon
OPT Legacy Album, by K.Yeon
OPT Showroom, show off your OPT Spaceplanes
Stone Blue Starwaster *M_Ouellette - For their help with the model side of things.
Spanksh - For his further cleanup and texture conversions and major bug stomping.
Nils277 - for his help on the CLS patch.
Winchester - for his work in compiling the multiple versions I found.
AccidentalDisassembly - for his patching/editing to help clean the mod up
K.Yeon - Without you this mod would not exist, thank you for letting us maintain it while you are away.
Hyomoto - For letting us steal, erm I mean appropriate his awesome Antenna
- All support requests are to be for KSP 1.4.2 only, no support will be offered for older versions.
- All support requests must be detailed and have logs attached.
Version 1.4.1 for Kerbal Space Program 1.7.3
Released on 2019-10-07
- Ensured OPT Mk2 intake always has normalized heat tolerance.
- Updated WarpJet engines to now default to IntakeAir if CRP not installed.
- Fixed drag cubes for Stail and Stail Freight parts.
Version 1.4.0 for Kerbal Space Program 1.7.3
Released on 2019-08-08
- Minor engine tuning. ARI engines assume they're in vacuum at 0.1% or 0.001 atm.
- Fixed parts having obsolete category "Propulsion" to "FuelTank".
- Fixed drag cubes in Avatar hollow parts. This made payload-bearing planes un-playable.
- Fixed drag cubes for Humpback hollow parts.
- Changed J-61 engine plume. It breaks in DirectX 11.
- Fixed parts having invalid
dragModelType = override setting. This causes horrific drag effects.
- Changed the internal names of Avatar parts (formerly "Chimera") that had a "C" designation to "A" to be inline with all other Avatar parts. The Chimera instances are soft-deprecated to not break craft files.
- Legacy wings: removed lift surface module (again); raised actuator speed.
- Applied IVAs (either stock placeholder or closely-matching OPT IVA):
- Avatar Chimera cockpit
- K Oulette and K TAV cockpit
- Adjusted and normalized heat tolerances. Many in the Avatar and Stail family had > 3000K. Some other parts (mainly some cockpits) had only 1500K.
- Resurrected Avatar Shuttle/Freight cockpit.
- Updated CCK config to exclude non-OPT parts like Breaking Ground's helic__opt__er blades.
Version 1.3.1 for Kerbal Space Program 1.7.0
Released on 2019-04-21
- Prune the lurking Firespitter modules from part configs.
- Reduce cooling requirements in Power Spheres and replace degeneration mechanism's converter module with RTG module. The always-on converter, though it should not use core heat, was somehow a magnet for the timewarp heat bug.
- Nerfed tankage in all inline RCS and aerodynamic RCS clusters. They were quite excessive.
- All RCS performance balanced and now use Plume Party "Soyuz" RCS FX.
Version 126.96.36.199 for Kerbal Space Program 1.6.1
Released on 2019-03-29
- Adjusted versioning urls.
- Restored unused textures. Shame on me.
Version 188.8.131.52 for Kerbal Space Program 1.6.1
Released on 2019-03-29
- adjusted radiators in Nebula intake and Power Spheres
Version 1.3.0 for Kerbal Space Program 1.6.1
Released on 2019-03-29
- Added missing "OPT" prefix to Mk3 part titles.
- Added OPT Nebula Shock intake. It features shock cone animations which require B9 Animation Modules plugin found in B9 Aerospace.
- Added OPT power spheres (super fuel cell and fusion reactors). These will also hold and depend on Dark Goo unless you delete the DarkDrive config.
- Fixed ARI-73 non-spool mode in vacuum.
- Adjusted legacy wings CoL and CoM.
- Deleted unused texture folders, reduced download size by 20 MB.
Version 1.2.5 for Kerbal Space Program 1.6.1
Released on 2019-01-25
- Reassessed some bulkhead profiles:
- updated avatar and chimera
- Fixed missing bulkhead profiles
- Added non-spool secondary mode to ARI-73 engine (for vacuum friendly operation)
- Moved Stail lab to unlock alongside the J lab
Version 1.2 for Kerbal Space Program 1.4.5
Released on 2018-11-15
- Anti-collision for Modular Fuel Tanks.
- Fixed Avatar and Humpback aero shielding (except when ramps are attached).
- Aero shielding for things clippd far enough into the Avatar-Chimera cockpit adapter.
- Added inner nodes to Stail Docking & Utility Bay. (Aero shielding always active in it.)
- Added joint strength to Humpback parts.
Version 1.1.3a for Kerbal Space Program 1.4.5
Released on 2018-10-08
- Moved CoL, CoP and CoM (centers of lift, pressure (drag) and mass) in Legacy wings so they make more sense (or stop making less sense) in aircraft designs. This should fix a good deal more aero problems.
- Ugh. Lost the GameData level in the zip
Version 1.1.2 for Kerbal Space Program 1.4.4
Released on 2018-08-10
For KSP 1.4.5
- Added/fixed science container and Crew Report experiment to Humpback cabin and Stail cockpit
- Moved J-60 and J-61 to Aerospace Tech/ Exp Aircraft Engines in tech trees
Version 1.1.1 for Kerbal Space Program 1.4.4
Released on 2018-07-23
- Fixed RCS in Legacy K cockpits
- Renamed 2.5m ILS cockpit to fix repeat part name issue and part icon spam in the tech tree
- Fixed bulkhead profile in WarpJet SAGE engine
- Fixed 2.5m ISP cockpit problem (now there's a new/returning part: the ISP Cockpit Legacy)
- Added missing surface attach for Stail Fairing Monopropellant Tank
Version 1.1.0 for Kerbal Space Program 1.4.2
Released on 2018-04-13
- Added dependency/migrated most MM patches to --> OPT Reconfig mod
- Added LFO version of aerodynamic OMS blocks
- Added Mk2 ram intake (it will not cause any game or craft issues)
- CCK support (OPT category will show if OPT Legacy without OPT Main is installed)
- Manufacturer in blade antenna and some tanks
- bulkhead profile in J-81 engine, spotted by Kolago
- Stail lab science cap, is 1050 now, not 500
- Added Tweakscale for all the surface-attached RCS
- Replaced FS dependency in Stail docking and utility bay with stock module
- Configured engines:
- Retuned WarpJets and fixed Isp problem. SAGE is a little stronger now and will flameout at 9 atm, not 3 atm
- Adjusted particles for all engines (again =D )
- Use cases
- J-61 is no longer as wasteful or wildly OP but is a dynamic scramjet now (endless acceleration with Isp falloff)
- J-60 is also a dynamic scramjet (endless acceleration with Isp falloff)
- J-60D requires EC in ClosedCycle, Isp lowered so the J-81 stands alone as highest Isp vac engine (like Dark Drive) but J-60D in closed cycle remains very powerful near sea-level in atmo unlike J-81
- J-81 requires EC in ClosedCycle and is poor near sea level, gets a boost at 0.3 atm pressure
- J-81 airbreathing mode adjusted for thick atmosphere
- Stail Linear Aerospike has better thrust and Isp
- J-81 visibly animates: given plenty Yaw authority and slight Pitch authority due to dual nozzle (emulate differential thrust)
- J-60 and J-60D same as J-81 but do not animate
- WarpJet SURGE given half gimbal ranges of J-60, J-60D
- Stail Linear Aerospike does not animate but is given plenty Pitch authority
Version 184.108.40.206 for Kerbal Space Program 1.3.0
Released on 2017-09-11
- Added inner attachment nodes for Humpback hollow fuselage
- Adjustment to ARI-73 and WarpJet engines (In particular, the ARI no longer grants insane dV and is a little lighter like the ARI-75)
- Fixed Tweakscale and RemoteTech patches
- Fixed cargo bay modules (the problem of reversed cargo module status), removed aeroshield patch (no longer needed)
Version 1.0.8a for Kerbal Space Program 1.3.0
Released on 2017-09-07
- Corrected bugs from Stealth texture changer. - Thank you EthanKerbman
- Both Stail - 2.5m Adaptors fixed (stealth skin)
- Stail Bicoupler fixed (Stealth skin)
- Redefined ARI-73 engine. It consumes only LiquidFuel now and serves as nuclear jet and advanced nuclear rocket
- Added improved particles to SAGE, SURGE, ARI-73, J60D, J-81 engines
- Added Tweakscale to SAGE, SURGE, ARI-73, J60D engines
- Renamed K, KH, Humpabk OMS to SAS and added fuel switching to complement OPT Main RCS
- Moved some engines in tech trees as follow-up to OPT Main engines moving
- Added a tech tree node
- Renamed all Legacy engines to fit OPT-E name convention
- All Legacy wings:
- Added Tweakscale
- Fixed drag problem: reduced overall drag effect to 20%
- Restored lifting surface
- Renamed to fit OPT-W name convention with Main wings
- Added gimbal (does not animate) to Main and Legacy aerospike engines (JadeofMaar)
- Fixed a problem with all OPT cargo bays.
- Minor rebalance to some engines.
- Added RemoteTech antenna patch. - Thanks to Miromed
Version 1.0.7 for Kerbal Space Program 1.3.0
Released on 2017-07-06
- Fixed Stail JSL cockpit cew capacity 2 (down from 5)
- Fixed Stail Lab crew capacity 2 (down from 4)
- Added SAGE and SURGE Enginges (JadeofMaar)
- Added K, KH, Humpback OMS units (JadeofMaar)
- Added/updated descriptions for some parts
- Added all cockpit and cabin lights to Light action group
- Fixed duplicate fuel switch options problem
- Removed fuel tankage from Science Lab(s)
- Increased IntakeAir amount in all cockpits (includes OPT Main) and added IntakeAtm which only appears when CommunityResourcePack installed
- Fixed all remaining bulkhead profiles, reversion to J and K from OPTJ and OPTK to sync with OPT Main
- Made proper texture for J60D Hybrid Screamjet (JadeofMaar)
- Raised joint strength of Humpback parts
- Incorporated Stealth Textures via FSTexture Switch
- Stail Aerospike
- Stail - Avatar Adapters (both)
- Stail Drone Core
- Stail - 2.5m Adaptors (Broken)
- Stail BiCoupler (Broken)
- Stail QS Cockpit
- Stail Engine Mount
- Stail 6 & 7m Cockpits.
- Stail Lab
- Stail Fuel Tank
- Stail Tail
- Stail Mk2 Adaptor
- Legacy Pack Wings
** Known Issues
- Door on the 6m Cockpit
- Both Stail - 2.5m Adaptors not changing
- Stail Bicoupler not changing
- OMS units have no RCS/OMS thrust currently
Version 1.0.5 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2.2
Released on 2017-03-09
- Added J-OMS
- Added J-Drone Core With OMS
- Set all J & K Parts to be hidden unless OPT installed.
- Corrected Juno cockpit bulkhead profile from J to OPTJ
- Corrected KTAV Custom bulkhead profile from K to OPTK
- Corrected KTAV bulkhead profile from K to OPTK
- Restored Humpback Crew Fuel config
Thanks to Winchester for the OMS configs
Version 220.127.116.11 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2.2
Released on 2016-12-09
Readded Moobien's Ships - 1.2.2 Compatible
NO other changes.
Version 1.0.3 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2.1
Released on 2016-12-06
Version 1.0.2 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2.1
Released on 2016-11-09
- Fixed Moobien's ships (I think for sure this time)
- Restored some old OPT wings
- Fixed Science Transmission issue.
Version 1.0.1 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2.1
Released on 2016-11-02
- Juno and Kraken Parts adjusted to bring in line with main mod
- Removed unused textures/parts
Version 1.0 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2
Released on 2016-10-30
- Removed cockpits that have had texture updates in OPT Main 1.9
- Removed All Juno parts except for the 7m Cockpit
- Removed Engines present in OPT Main 1.9
- Created new .version file for OPT Legacy
- Renamed OPT folder to OPT_Legacy and updated cfg paths
- Removed IVA present in OPT Main
- Removed unused textures/parts
This legacy pack only includes MiniAVC
Version 1.8.6_Full_REUPLOAD for Kerbal Space Program 1.2
Released on 2016-10-12
Removed Buggy landing gear, readded Stali79's stock ships, added ship thumbs
Version 1.8.6_Full for Kerbal Space Program 1.1.3
Released on 2016-10-12
This version is for 1.2
- Full 1.2 compatability.
- Added Stail Bicoupler
- Updated textures
- Adjusted Juno 4m side nodes
- Adjusted Wing root nodes.
Version 1.8.6 for Kerbal Space Program 1.1.3
Released on 2016-10-03
This version is for both 1.1.3 AND 1.2
For 1.2 Users extract the contents of 1.8.6.rar into your KSP folder and overwrite all files.
For 1.1.3 Users, ignore the rar file.
DELETE EXISTING OPT INSTALL BEFORE INSTALLING
Version 18.104.22.168 for Kerbal Space Program 1.1.3
Released on 2016-10-03
- Please refer to changelog text file for complete list of changes.
- This is the final update that will be done for 1.1.3.
- Please delete your OPT folder before installing this version.
OPT Landing gears are included but please do not use them at this point as they are for testing purposes for those also running 1.2 (maybe someone can get them working)
Version 22.214.171.124 for Kerbal Space Program 1.1.3
Released on 2016-09-14
- Minor MM patch updates
- Texture issues mostly revolved
- Removed unneccesary textures in 2.5m folder
Version 1.8.5 for Kerbal Space Program 1.1.3
Released on 2016-08-30
- Renamed all fuselage profiles
- Added J-81 Hybrid Turbojet Nacelle
- Added new model for JSAS module
- Cleaned up Firespitter MM Patch
- Cleaned up Connected Living Space MM Patch
- Created Default Resource MM Patch
- Created Interstellar Fuel Switch MM Patch
- Created Real Fuels Patch
- Created Modular Fuel Tanks MM Patch.
- Moved common textures to dedicated folder
- Set texture referencing for affected models
- Added the people who helped with this project as easter eggs
- Added Custom KTAV cockpit
- Removed OLD K cargo bay & bicoupler
- Humpback cockpit model optimized
- Added 'tags =' to part configs for easier searching of parts
- Updated old 'mesh =' to 'model ='
- Changed Pylon A and Pylon B to Wing Root A and Wing Root B
- Experimented with inverted textures (looked kinda cool) But put on hold.
- Added side attach nodes to Juno and Kraken tanks/bays
- Added Hyomoto's Antenna blade and updated its texture
- Reorganised folder/file structure.
- Some models optimized.
- Adjusted cockpit masses
- Removed Chimera cockpit
- Consolidated remaining Chimera parts into Avatar Parts
Version 126.96.36.199 for Kerbal Space Program 1.1.2
Released on 2016-06-07
- Added J Freight Parts
- Added B Drop bays
- Removed L Cargo tail Deploy Limit (because of how it opens)
- Removed A Cargo tail (didn't open anyway)
- Added FS patch for L bicoupler.
- Fixed Mk3 Shuttle Nose
Version 188.8.131.52 for Kerbal Space Program 1.1.2
Released on 2016-05-19
- Added old hollow K parts as C parts, added Deploy limit to C Cargo Tail.
- Added old J-QS01 cockpit as B-QS01
- Added old 'integrated' wings as 1a, 1b and 1c
- Used the fixes uploaded by AccidentalDisassembly as basis to roll into new version.
Version 184.108.40.206 for Kerbal Space Program 1.1.2
Released on 2016-05-19
- Version Numbering Changed to bring in line with K.Yeon's system.
- J Drone Core Copied and edited. J SAS Module added using J Drone Core Assets.
- Added AVC Compatability
- Fixed A Cargo Tail appearing as Bi-Coupler
- L Cargo Tail fixed to have Deploy Limit.
Version 1.8_Test_6 for Kerbal Space Program 1.1.2
Released on 2016-05-18
Merged Versions 1.8 Test 3, 1.6 and 1.69 - Winchester
Added CLS Patch - Moobien (stali79)
Stats for Orbit Portal Technology [OPT] Spaceplane Parts
Downloads over time
New followers per day