This mod is not known to work with the latest version of Kerbal Space Program. Proceed with caution.
Adds the pursuit of gold and an extremely rare resource called Unobtainium to the game! Mine either of these heavy resources for fun and profit! A great alternative to contract spam! Eight new parts and and additional functionality to several stock parts in Kerbal Space Program.
adopted with express permission and brought to you by KerbSimpleCo
- Get over that mid-career fund grind in a fun and challenging way!
Gold Orenow appears on planets/moons
Gold Orecan be mined and smelted into pure
Goldwith the Smelter
- Return either
Gold Oreback to Kerbin for profit
Goldis heavier than
Gold Ore, which is heavier than
- Full integration with stock drills and scanners
- Stock Drills and Surface Scanner available slightly earlier in the tech tree
- Only 8 parts (just over 3Mb download)
- Low memory usage.
Unobtainium (UBT)is an extremely valuable resource that generally spawns on high-G and extremely distant worlds.
- You can mine
Unobtainiumusing the stock drills without needing a converter in-situ.
- Drills mining
Unobtainiumoperate much more efficiently with both a scientist and engineer aboard.
Unobtainiumis denser than
Gold, so ensure to bring adequate dΔ!
- Finally a monetary reason to land on Eeloo, Eve, Moho/Icarus, or any of the other seldom visited worlds!
- This mod is not meant to be an easy cash cow; rather, a difficult alternative to contract spam.
- There is no
Goldon Kerbin, and be careful when choosing a mining site as only deposits of >2% (mini drill) or >1.5% (large drill) will yield
Gold Orecan be returned for an okay-ish profit, but be aware that
Gold Oreis basically 9/10s
Ore. So there are obvious benefits to smelting in-situ. The Smelter needs power, cooling, and an engineer to function at its full capacity.
Goldis, by design and IRL, dense - a.k.a. HEAVY!
- Feel free to post any working ship/base designs!
- Note on returning with your space booty: Land near or on the space center to avoid diminished returns.
- open to adding one more resource beyond Kerbin's influence
- Community Tech Tree integration and Tech Tree Balancing (need feedback)
- Parachute textures that use TheGoldStandard logo
- Compatibility patches
- Contracts for these glorious parts
- Sample crafts/subassemblies
- Variant textures and model updates (add/improve: lights, iva, hatches et al)
- Converting from FireSpitter to Stock and/or KSPWheel
- Marketing Images and Videos such as hero shots, animated gifs, short highlights
- Translations: See the README in the Localization folder for instructions for adding or improving translations. There is also the quick start guide. GitHub push is the best way to contribute. Additions and corrections welcome!
Most recent releases only available via CurseForge/OverWolf Website/App
red box below is a link to forum post on how to get support
Be Kind: Lithobrake, not jakebrake! Keep your Module Manager up to date
- All bundled mods are distributed under their own licenses
see Notices for more legal Mumbo Jumbo
Comment, click, like, share, up-vote, subscribe
Completely voluntary, absolutely amazing, and really does help out a lot!
and it is true.
Raw stats are from the beginning of time until now. Each follower and download entry represents one hour of data. Uneventful hours are omitted.