What it does
- Do you have certain "standard" action groups you always use? Such as "I always toggle my solar panels with Custom01"?
- Do you get tired of having to remember to set that up every single time you build a new ship?
- Wouldn't it be nice if it just automatically set things up how you like it, every time?
DefaultActionGroups lets you do that. It allows setting up custom config files that will automatically configure action groups for whatever parts you like.
Doing this requires tinkering with ModuleManager config files. If you're comfortable using a text editor and writing ModuleManager syntax, then you can make it do pretty much anything you like.
However, if you're not into tinkering with config... you don't have to. DefaultActionGroups provides several "sample" config files that do various useful things. You can pick the ones you like (e.g. "solar panels in Custom01") and just install those; see installation instructions below. And if you don't mind doing a little bit of tinkering, but don't want to have to learn all the arcane ModuleManager syntax, you can use these sample files as a starting point to work from.
How to install
- Unzip the contents of "GameData" to your GameData folder, same as with most mods. (Note, includes ModuleManager.)
- Choose whichever of the optional configs from the "Optional/GameData/DefaultActionGroups" folder in the zip file (see details below), and copy them into the DefaultActionGroups folder of your game.
- Add custom config of your own, if you like.
How to customize
The mod includes several "optional" configs that do various interesting things. You can install any of these you like, or use them as examples for making your own configs.
Currently included optional configs:
- Add all deployable solar panels to Custom01 group.
- Add all radiators to Custom02 group.
- Add all antennas to Custom03 group.
- Add all switchable-mode engines to Custom10 group.
- Add all retractable ladders to Gear group.
- Add thrust reversers to the Brakes group.
- Add the Launch Escape System to the Abort group.
If you're comfortable writing ModuleManager config, you can add custom configs of your own to do pretty much whatever you want. If you're having trouble figuring out how, feel free to ask for help in the DefaultActionGroups forum thread!
A note of thanks
Heartfelt gratitude to Diazo, without whose excellent help I wouldn't have figured out the minutiae of tweaking action groups. Any goodness herein is thanks to his assistance, anything wrong is entirely my own doing.
Thanks also to the folks who provided helpful suggestions for additional configs:
Version 1.2.4 for Kerbal Space Program 1.4.5
Released on 2018-03-16
- Update to ModuleManager 3.0.6 for KSP 1.4.1 compatibility
- Add optional config for "gather science" via action group Custom08.
Version 1.2.3 for Kerbal Space Program 1.4.1
Released on 2017-05-29
- Fix optional config for solar panels to handle recent Kopernicus update. (Thanks to Errol for catching!)
Version 1.2.2 for Kerbal Space Program 1.3.0
Released on 2017-05-28
- Update to ModuleManager 2.8.0 for KSP 1.3 compatibility
- Update to target .NET 3.5, as a KSP mod is supposed to (it was targeting 4.5.2 before)
Version 1.2.1 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2.2
Released on 2016-12-01
- Add optional config file for toggling deployable antennas via action group Custom03.
- Update to ModuleManager 2.7.5.
Version 1.2 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2.1
Released on 2016-10-13
- Compatibility update for KSP 1.2.
- Update to ModuleManager 2.7.1 (required for compatibility with KSP 1.2).
- Changed to CC-BY-NC-ND 4.0 license (was previously MIT).
Version 1.1.2 for Kerbal Space Program 1.1.3
Released on 2016-04-30
Update ModuleManager version for KSP 1.1.2 compatibility.
Version 1.1.1 for Kerbal Space Program 1.1.1
Released on 2016-04-23
- Update to latest ModuleManager version
- Add changelog.txt
- Add several new optional config files for various parts
Version 1.1 for Kerbal Space Program 1.1
Released on 2016-03-31
- Required update to run on KSP version 1.1.
- No new features; this is a compatibility update only.
Version 1.0 for Kerbal Space Program 1.0.5
Released on 2016-02-16
No changelog provided
Stats for DefaultActionGroups
Downloads over time
New followers per day