Snacks was originally published by Troy Gruetzmacher (tgruetzm) in August of 2014. It offered a novel and lightweight solution to life support for those that didn't want the complexity of more sophisticated mods like TAC Life Support. Two years later, the game has advanced and while the original author appears to have moved on, it was time to give Snacks an update.
- Friendly, lightweight life support system
- Highly configurable to support your play style
- Optional consequences that won't brick your mission
Snacks Continued retains the simplicity of the original mod while adding new options. You can configure things like snacks consumed per meal, meals per day, enable/disable recycling, recycling efficiency, and various penalties for hungry kerbals including reputation loss, fines, and partial loss of vehicle control. You can even enable/disable random snacking if desired. Just like with the stock CommNet, the penalties won't brick your mission. All of these options are found in the Game Difficulty screen. And if you're new to Snacks Continued, please consult the KSPedia.
Version 1.11.1 for Kerbal Space Program 1.5.1
Released on 2018-11-03
Fixed version complaints
Version 1.11.0 for Kerbal Space Program 1.5.1
Released on 2018-11-03
- Updated for KSP 1.5.X
- The Snack Processor and Soil Recycler will now automatically shut down if the vessel's ElectricCharge reserves drop below 5%.
Version 1.10 for Kerbal Space Program 1.4.2
Released on 2018-04-03
- Fixed NRE causing the Settings menu to not appear.
- Kerbals can now die from a lack of Snacks! This penalty is trned OFF by default, and you can change the number of skipped meals before a kerbal dies in the settings menu. Kerbals listed as exempt will never starve to death.
Version 1.9.0 for Kerbal Space Program 1.4.1
Released on 2018-03-20
Version 1.8.7 for Kerbal Space Program 1.3.1
Released on 2018-02-21
- Fixed NRE and production issues with the SnackProcessor.
Version 1.8.6 for Kerbal Space Program 1.3.1
Released on 2018-02-05
- Snack consumption now honors resource locks.
- Retextured radial snack tin - Thanks JadeOfMaar! :)
- Removed unneeded catch-all - Thanks JadeOfMaar! :)
- Fixed bulkhead profiles and tags on inline snack tins - Thanks JadeOfMaar! :)
- Add parts to CCK LS category - Thanks JadeOfMaar! :)
Version 1.8.5 for Kerbal Space Program 1.3.1
Released on 2017-10-07
- Fixed background processing of snacks and soil issues with WBI mods (Pathfinder, Buffalo, etc.).
NOTE: Be sure to visit your spacecraft at least once to ensure that the changes take effect.
- Updated to KSP 1.3.1.
Version 1.8.0 for Kerbal Space Program 1.3.0
Released on 2017-05-28
- Time estimates are now measured in years and days; months, though accurate, was getting too confusing.
- Snack processors and soil recyclers now run in the background when vessels aren't loaded.
Version 1.7.0 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2.2
Released on 2017-02-27
- You can now exempt certain kerbals from consuming Snacks and suffering the effects of a lack of Snacks. This is particularly helpful for holograms...
Version 1.6.5 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2.2
Released on 2017-01-06
- Added a radial snack tin. It holds 150 snacks, 150 Soil, or 75 Snacks and 75 Soil.
Version 1.6.2 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2.2
Released on 2016-12-11
KSP 1.2.2 update
Version 1.6.0 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2.1
Released on 2016-12-02
- Plugin renamed to SnacksUtils to alleviate issues with ModuleManager.
- When kerbals faint due to lack of snacks, you now choose from 1 minute, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 30 minutes, an hour, 2 hours, or a day.
- Snacks now supports 24-hour days in addition to 6-hour days. Snack frequency is calculated accordingly.
Version 1.5.7 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2.1
Released on 2016-11-18
- Fixed snacks calculations and minor GUI update. Thanks for the patch, bounty123! :)
Version 1.5.6 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2.1
Released on 2016-11-09
- Fixed NRE's that happen in the editor (VAB/SPH)
- Snacking frequency is correctly calculated now.
- Updated to KSP 1.2.1
- Added recyclers to the Mk3 shuttle cockpit and the Mk2 crew cabin.
Version 1.5.5 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2
Released on 2016-11-02
- Fixed some NREs.
- Fixed a situation where the ModuleManager patch wasn't adding snacks to crewed parts; Snacks can now dynamically add them when adding parts to vessels in the VAB/SPH.
Version 1.5.3 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2
Released on 2016-10-23
- When kerbals go EVA, they take one day's worth of snacks with them.
- More code cleanup.
- Bug Fixes
Version 1.5.2 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2
Released on 2016-10-18
- Temporarily disable the partial vessel control penalty.
- Added additional checks for vessels created through rescue contracts; any crew listed as "Unowned" will be ignore.
Version 1.5.0 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2
Released on 2016-10-17
- ISnacksPenalty now has a RemovePenalty method. Snacks will call this each time kerbals don't miss any meals.
- ISnacksPenalty now has a GameSettingsApplied method. This is called at startup and when the player changes game settings.
- The partial control loss penalty should work now.
- New penalty: kerbals can pass out if they miss too many meals.
- Updated the KSPedia to improve clarity and to add the new penalty option.
onBeforeSnackTime: Called before snacking begins.
onSnackTime: Called after snacking.
onSnackTick: called during fixed update right after updating the vessel snapshot.
onConsumeSnacks: Called right after calculating snack consumption but before applying any penalties. Gives you to the ability to alter the snack consumption.
onKerbalsMissedMeal: Called when a vessel with kerbals have missed a meal.
Version 1.4.5 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2
Released on 2016-10-13
- Fixed an issue with snack tins not showing up.
- A single kerbal can now consume up to 12 snacks per meal and up to 12 snacks per day.
- By default, a single kerbal consumes 1 snack per meal and 3 meals per day.
- Reduced Soil storage in the Hitchhiker to 200. This only applies to new vessels.
- Reduced Snacks per crew capacity in non-command pods to 200 per crewmember. This only applies to new vessels.
- Added the SnacksForExistingSaves.cfg file to specify number of Snacks per command pod and snacks per non-command pod. These are used when installing Snacks into existing saves for vessels already in flight.
- Added new ISnacksPenalty interface for mods to use when implementing new penalties. One of the options is to always apply the penalty even with random penalties turned off. Of course the implementation can decide to honor random penalties...
- Added a Snacks Trip Planner Excel spreadsheet. You'll find it in the Docs folder. An in-game planner is in the works.
Version 1.4.0 for Kerbal Space Program 1.1.3
Released on 2016-10-12
- Adjusted Snack production in the MPL; it was way too high. Ore -> Snacks is now 1:10 with mass conservation. A 1.25m Small Holding Tank (holds 300 Ore) now produce 3,000 Snacks.
- Added display field to Snack Processor that tells you how the max amount of snacks per day that it can produce.
- Moved Snack Tins to the Payload tab.
- Added option to show time remaining in days.
- When kerbals go hungry, added the option to randomly choose one penalty from the enabled penalties, or to apply all enabled penalties.
- Added lab data/experiment data loss as an optional penalty.
- You can now register/unregister your own custom penalties. This is particularly useful for addons to Snacks.
- Cleaned up some KSPedia issues.
- Fixed an issue with adding Snacks to existing saves.
- Fixed an issue with vessels spawned from rescue contracts incuring penalties due to being out of Snacks.
Version 1.3.1 for Kerbal Space Program 1.1.3
Released on 2016-10-10
No changelog provided
Version 1.3 for Kerbal Space Program 1.1.3
Released on 2016-10-10
No changelog provided
Stats for Snacks Continued
Downloads over time
New followers per day