This mod is not known to work with the latest version of Kerbal Space Program. Proceed with caution.
This part pack is designed to provide some new nuclear thermal rockets for your spaceship-building pleasure. There are four new engines, two in the 2.5m size class and two in the 1.25m size class. They are fuelled with LiquidHydrogen, and in some cases can use Oxidizer to boost their thrust at the cost of specific impulse. Liquid Hydrogen is less dense than liquid fuel, so for the same Delta-V, you will need more tank volume.
To store your liquid hydrogen fuels, I've provided ModuleManager/InterstellarFuelSwitch configs that allow you to change the contents of stock tanks between LF/O, LH2/O, LF, O and LH2. These should work with most mod tanks, but no promises. However, Liquid Hydrogen is very temperamental and without the proper storage it will slowly evaporate ("boil off"). Therefore, I provide special cryogenic tanks bundled with the mod, that use a small amount of Electric Charge to stop the evaporation.
This mod is designed to synergize well with Cryogenic Engines 0.2.0+, and with the various Near Future Technologies mods I make.
Released on 2019-07-09
Released on 2019-05-29
Released on 2019-04-23
Released on 2019-04-03
Released on 2019-01-21
Released on 2019-01-17
Released on 2018-11-05
* Updated bundled B9PartSwitch to 2.4.5 * Updated CryoTanks to 1.0.3 * Removed MiniAVC from distribution
Released on 2018-10-25
Released on 2018-08-07
KSP 1.4.5 Updated bundled B9PartSwitch to 2.3.3 Updated MM to 3.0.7 Updated DynamicBatteryStorage to 1.3.2 Updated CryoTanks to 1.0.1 Changed omni-tank patch to run AFTER several other mods that also omni patch.
Released on 2018-04-11
* KSP 1.4.2 * Updated bundled B9PartSwitch to 2.2.1 * Updated MM to 3.0.6 * Updated MiniAVC to 22.214.171.124 * Updated CRP to 0.10.0 * Updated DynamicBatteryStorage to 1.3.0 * Updated CryoTanks to 1.0.0 * Fixed boiloff being disabled if a tank's fuel was disabled * Fixed boiloff rates being calculated incorrectly at timewarp * Redid all tank textures, particularly foils * Added 3 new tank models * Short 2.5m (standard, compact variants) * Short 3.75m (standard, compact, bare variants) * Short 5m (standard, compact, bare variants) * Fixed attach nodes of 3.75m compact tank variants * Rebalanced capacities, masses and costs of all tanks * Decreased cooling cost of ZBO tanks to 0.05 Ec/1000u * Added an optional ability to specify a set of OUTPUT_RESOURCE blocks in a BOILOFFCONFIG. This causes boiloff to produce that resource with the specified ratio and flow mode. See Config Documentation section * Added the optional ability to specify boiloff as dependent on solar/planetary radiation input. See Config Documentation section
Released on 2017-12-15
Updated MM to 3.0.1 Updated B9PartSwitch to 2.1.0 Updated CryoTanks to 0.4.9 Deconflict new WBI fuel switcher
Released on 2017-11-28
Released on 2017-10-17
KSP 1.3.1 Dependency update Cleaned up extra NTR patches that were still around from a previous patch LV-N LH2 patch now creates an LF/LH2 multi-mode engine to help with craft transitions CryoTanks 0.4.8 Tanks no longer use up all EC
Released on 2017-08-01
* CryoTanks 0.4.7: Fixed an issue where parts with '_' in their name would not be patched properly
Released on 2017-07-31
* Fixed normals on all engines * Some improvements to NFElectrical integration - make sure you get the lastest NFE * CryoTanks 0.4.6 * All tanks can now be cooled. Lifting tanks cast ~10% more to cool and have cooling disabled by default * Repaired normals on tanks * Fixed science costs of many tanks * Refactored plugin to support multiple cryogenic fuels per tank * Updates to MFT Compatibility * DynamicBatteryStorage 1.1.0 * Refactored plugin for many improvements * Proper support for RealBattery
Released on 2017-07-12
* NFE integration patch upgrades * Eel now correctly includes a passive radiator in NFE mode * Fixed several missing part fields in configs (improves behaviour) * Reworked exhaust cooling to not use radiator system, so normal radiators can cool engine parts (reduces explosions when entering timewarp after using an engine) * Exhaust cooling is now more forgiving and takes ~10s to taper off after engine shutdown * Reduced core -> part energy transfer to 0.1% from between 10-1% (reduces explosions in timewarp) * CryoTanks 0.4.5 * Added Russian translation from vladmir_v * Fixed a typo in the version file * Fixed 5m tanks throwing a B9PartSwitch warning on placement in the VAB * Fixed 3.75m tanks having collider issues * Adjusted the position of the nodes for the compact variants of 3.75m tanks * Fixed low cost of 5m hydrogen tanks * Fixed slightly off cost of 10m hydrogen tank
Released on 2017-07-05
Updated bundled B9PartSwitch to 1.9.0 Updated bundled MM to 2.8.1 Fixed missing @ in NFElectrical patch for Eel CryoTanks 0.4.4 Fixed dry mass of LH2-only ZBO tanks
Released on 2017-06-30
Released on 2017-06-26
* Updated B9PartSwitch to version 1.8.1 * CryoTanks 0.4.2 * Fix incorrectly exported model for small 2.5m hydrogen tank * Fix doubled dry mass of all hydrogen-containing tanks
Released on 2017-06-20
Released on 2017-06-16
* KSP 1.3 * Updated MM to 2.8.0 * Updated B9PartSwitch to 1.8.0 * Updated CRP to 0.7.1 * Updated MiniAVC to 126.96.36.199 * Rebuilt DeployableEngines for KSP 1.3 * Switched to KSP 1.3's localization for strings * Added NV-10 'Eel' Atomic Rocket Motor: 0.625m solid-core nuclear engine with cogeneration * Added NV-GL 'Deliverance' Atomic Aerospike Rocket: 2.5m closed-cycle gas-core nuclear aerospike * Added NV-DC 'Scylla' Atomic Aerospike Rocket: 3.75m solid-core trimodal nuclear aerospike with LOX afterburner and cogeneration * Rebalanced engine costs to be generally higher * Rebalanced engine heat to be generally higher * Renamed engine model numbers so they're not matching the LV-N anymore (different company) * Adjusted CTT locations of some engines * Adjusted balance of LH2->LF patches for some KA engines * Fixed engine throttle and glow effects so that they show for all modes of bimodal engines * Fixed engine FX somewhat so that they don't interact with atmospheric FX * Completely changed NTR -> LH2 patches * Any NTR that is not handled in a custom fashion has been replaced by a dynamic patcher by TheToric * All NTRs patched in this way are consistently buffed with a 25% mass decrease and a 10% Isp increase * The LF-reversion patch is similarly optimized * Significant improvements to CryoTanks package * Now versioned (Version 0.4.0) * Normalized LH2 tank mass ratios to 5 (from ~3.5), this affects all tanks containing LH2 or LH2/OX * Normalized naming scheme for ZBO tanks to reflect their capacities * Reworked tank capacities * Improved fuel switching patch to account for more exceptions * New 5m tank models (15m and 7.5m lengths) * Deprecated 3.75m length tank variant for 3.75m inline tanks (temporary) * Reworked models and textures for all fuel tanks * New structureless variants for all inline tanks * Optimized SimpleBoiloff plugin * Cooling functions can now be disabled in the VAB * Reduced the scope of the SimpleBoiloff plugin, most advanced functions are now part of DynamicBatteryStorage * New sub-plugin: DynamicBatteryStorage * Dynamically adjusts EC storage to combat KSP crap resource mechanics at high timewarp * Should dramatically reduce instances of EC loss at high timewarp * Significant improvements to NF Electrical integration * Part costs are correctly adjusted for EnrichedUranium cost so that there are no more zero-cost engines * Negative alternators are and generators are correctly removed from the parts when patches are in use * Engine reactor can now correctly start before being staged * Reduced heat transfer between cores and parts * Greatly reduced heat generation of conventional engine modules * Cleaned up and labeled config files for more clarity
Released on 2017-03-03
* Updated B9PartSwitch to 1.7.1 * Updated CRP to 0.6.6 * Updated AVC link * Fixed uranium consumption of LV-N in NFE mode * Fixed a boiloff issue that could occur when switching ships that were close to each other
Released on 2017-01-23
Released on 2016-11-18
Released on 2016-10-27
Released on 2016-10-21
Minor fix to remove a poorly included plugin.
Released on 2016-10-21
Updated bundled MM Updated bundled CRP Updated bundled B9PartSwitch Updated bundled DeployableEngines Reexported all engine FX to fix interaction with atmospheric/highlight FX Removed Radioactivity patch (should really be in Radioactivity) Added LV-N-GX 'Emancipator' open cycle gas-core nuclear rocket CryoTanks: General functionality improvements Tank real power usage is now shown in the info box * Right clicking on a tank in the VAB now displays its power usage * New analytics mode that runs at 1000x time warp and up which should do a much better job of calculating boiloff Lifting and ZBO tanks now have the same mass ratio ZBO tanks have a new alternate model that can be selected
Released on 2016-09-01
Released on 2016-07-15
Released on 2016-06-28
Fix mistakenly bundled dlls
Released on 2016-06-27
KSP 1.1.3 Updated bundled B9PartSwitch Updated bundled MM Updated bundled CRP Updated bundled DeployableEngines Improved FX for some engines Many fixes and improvements to SimpleBoiloff
Raw stats are from the beginning of time until now. Each follower and download entry represents one hour of data. Uneventful hours are omitted.