For more information, visit the forum thread.
Lots of thanks (and cookies) to BahamutoD, angavrilov, SilverFox, MK3424, darklight and Unknown_Venom!
Momentum and Rotation in KSP are quite unrealistic and don't meet the needs of most players.
So I have created this mod, with many features to make this aspect of the game better!
- Persistence of Momentum through timewarping and restarts.
- Non-physical spin simulation when vessel is warping or unloaded.
- Body Relative Rotation, optional for each vessel, 100% persistent.
- Slight spin for every Asteroid per default.
- Simple & intuitive GUI supporting both Stock and Blizzy's Toolbar.
Body Relative Rotation
The rotation of your vessel will always stay the same relatively to any celestial body or vessel. So, if you have the body you orbit selected as reference for Body Relative Rotation, and have your vessel pointing towards the surface, even after half an orbit the vessel will still point towards it, not like in stock KSP, away from it. This doesn't only work for the body the vessel orbits around, but any other celestial body or any vessel can be selected as reference, too. That means you could, for example, build telescopes that always point towards Mun or a sattelite always pointing at a space station. You can also utilize it to make your airplanes smoothly fly along the planets curvature. The Body Relative Rotation is completely persistent and works in timewarp and even in realtime, as long as the SAS is enabled.
Version 1.8.7 for Kerbal Space Program 1.9.1
Released on 2020-03-27
No changes except .version file
Version 1.8.6 for Kerbal Space Program 1.8.1
Released on 2020-02-28
- Updated for KSP 1.8
- Minor corrections
Version 1.8.5 for Kerbal Space Program 1.4
Released on 2018-03-10
- Code cleanup
- Recompile for 1.4
Version 1.8.4 for Kerbal Space Program 1.3.0
Released on 2017-05-19
- Hotfix for misbehaviour when spinning while packed.
Version 1.8.3 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2.2
Released on 2017-05-18
- Fixed a deviation in trajectory every time the vessel exits timewarp when having high angular momentum.
- Other bugfixes.
Version 1.8.2 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2.2
Released on 2016-12-30
- Fixed RemoteTech compatibility for RemoteTech 1.8.3.
Version 1.8.1 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2
Released on 2016-09-20
Version 1.8 for Kerbal Space Program 1.1.3
Released on 2016-09-10
- Added compatibility to MechJeb and RemoteTech.
Version 1.7 for Kerbal Space Program 1.1.3
Released on 2016-09-04
- Fixed some exceptions occuring.
- Fixed a bug wich caused vessels on inclined orbit to sometimes deviate in their orientation.
Version 1.6 for Kerbal Space Program 1.1.3
Released on 2016-09-03
- Fixed an exception causing some weird behaviour.
- Added feature: Default Reference Body can now be set to "Main Body" (old behaviour) or "None" (better for MechJeb).
Version 1.5 for Kerbal Space Program 1.1.3
Released on 2016-07-03
Version 1.4 for Kerbal Space Program 1.1.3
Released on 2016-06-28
- Changed how PR handles vessel data (from dictionaries to one class).
- Added Packed Body Relative Rotation threshold at a momentum magnitude of 0.05.
Version 1.3 for Kerbal Space Program 1.1.3
Released on 2016-06-26
Version 1.2 for Kerbal Space Program 1.1.3
Released on 2016-06-26
- Changed save location of cfg files to PluginData folder.
Version 1.1 for Kerbal Space Program 1.1.3
Released on 2016-06-25
Version 1.0.2 for Kerbal Space Program 1.0.5
Released on 2016-03-28
No changelog provided
Stats for PersistentRotation
Downloads over time
New followers per day