Deep Sky Core required
A suite of electrical propulsion systems and complementary parts, both old-school and sci-fi, for your early-game and late-game airplane/spaceplane needs. A great addition to your part inventory if you love to mix spaceplanes and planet packs. Includes the following parts that make spaceplane programs more viable, and airplanes/spaceplanes more capable on your favorite planets with thick or thin atmosphere:
- Propfan and turbofan engines that work in all atmosphere.
- Inline windmill turbines (early-game) that enable planes to charge as long as they are moving fast enough.
- Nuclear reactors and a radiator fit for long-term use on aircrafts.
- Inline battery stacks to help save a little on part count.
- Air verniers, very powerful
- Intakes that can feed the thirstiest of jet engines and even harvest atmospheric resources.
- "SupraLOX" hybrid plasma LFO engine. Mk2 and 1.25m available.
- Two all-new cockpits (very unfinished, I didn't make them but I plan to finish them, with help from DeltaDizzy).
- Pressure tanks that hold various gaseous propellants
- Shieldnir: electromagnetic forcefield nosecones. They protect most parts and do not need to be at the front of the plane to be effective.
- B9 Part Switch
- Community Resource Pack for non-stock propellants
- Kerbal Actuators (somewhat bugged right now) for fan blade animation
- Intakes may fail to operate on planets that don't have Oxygen. Delete all of Community Resource Pack's localization files (especially ru.cfg (Russian)) but except English to fix or prevent this.
- Cockpits don't have transparent glass.
Stats for Thor Tech
Downloads over time
Downloads per version
New followers per day