Contracts Window +
People, and Info
Authors and Contributors
DMagic: Author and maintainer
TriggerAu: Contracts Window + uses a modified version of TriggerAu's KSP Plugin Framework
The code is released under the MIT license; all art assets are released under the CC-BY-SA
- What is Contracts Window +?
- Contracts Window + is versatile contract display window that allows for contract grouping and sorting, window re-sizing and moving, along with several other abilities.
- How can I group contracts together into individual lists?
- The process is described in more detail below; in short, any contracts can be added to as many existing contract mission lists as you want, or you can create a new mission.
- All mission lists, and their ordering and sorting options, are saved to your persistent file, and will be loaded every time you change scenes or load a new vessel.
- Something has gone wrong; where can I get help?
- If there is some kind of error, duplicate or missing contracts, blank window, mission lists deleted, etc... report problems either to the GitHub Issues section or the KSP Forum Thread.
The Annotated Window
Header and footer bars
The top bar has several buttons that are used to adjust contract ordering and display options.
- The top-left icon opens a new window with options for changing sort order based on several criteria.
- The next icon toggles between ascending and descending order for the selected sorting type.
- The eyeball icon on the right toggles between the active and hidden contract list. Each mission list has its own active and hidden contract lists.
- The top-right icon opens a new mission selection window, displaying all of the existing contract missions.
- Selecting a mission will switch the primary display to those contracts.
- The primary mission is always at the top of the list and contains all contracts.
The bottom bar has several buttons that control various window options.
- The version number is displayed on the left.
- Tooltips for most buttons can be toggled on and off with the next icon.
- The spinning arrows icon is used to reset the window and primary contract list. A confirmation box will open upon pushing this button.
- This should generally not be needed, but if there are errors in the contract window (no contracts displayed, no "MasterMission" contract list, the window is too small, etc…) this can be used. All window size, font size, and position options will be reset; the internal list of contracts will be updated with all active contracts and the "MasterMission" will be reset with this internal list. All other mission lists should be unaffected, these can be manually deleted if there are any other problems.
- The aA icon controls font size for most of the window's labels. Each font is increased by one unit.
- The next icon cycles the overall window and texture element size. It also increases the font size by two units.
- Between the font and window size options there are six available font sizes and three window element size options.
Contract Title Bar
Each contract has a title bar above it with information and options for the contract.
- The contract difficulty, or prestige, is displayed on the left with one to three stars.
- The time remaining for the contract is shown next. It updates every five seconds (at high time-warp several days can go by during this period) and switches to days and hours, and turns yellow, when the counter gets low. The year/day time is dependent on your selection of Earth/Kerbin days in the KSP settings menu.
- The A icon can be used to display the flag and agency name for the contract.
- The eyeball icon can be used to move the contract into the hidden or active contract list.
- The pin icon can be used to pin the contract to the top of the list.
- Pinned order ignores sort and order type.
- A contract's pinned state is persistent.
- The checkbox icon can be used to move the contract into a different contract mission list or create a new one; this can be used from any mission list.
- The blue icon at the end can be used to display contract notes if they exist.
- These are different from individual parameter notes.
Contract and Parameter Titles
The primary contract and parameter display generally shows the same information as the stock contract window.
- In orange is the contract title. It is a button that can be pushed to collapse or expand the contract's parameters.
- When completed the contract text will turn green; when failed it will turn red.
- The contract parameters are shown in white.
- When completed these will turn green.
- Contract parameter notes can be displayed using the blue icon.
- Sub-parameters are offset slightly and are shown in a darker color.
- When all sub-parameters are completed they will be collapsed into their parent parameter and no longer be displayed.
Contract and Parameter Rewards
The rewards for each contract and their parameters are displayed on the right side of the window.
- Funds, Rep, and Science rewards are displayed depending on how wide the window is.
- Rewards are in green, penalties are in red.
- The amount of any reward/penalty due to strategies, if any, is displayed in parenthesis.
Mission Creator Window
When the green checkbox icon is selected the mission list will appear.
- The current contract mission lists are displayed.
- A green checkmark indicator on the left indicates that the currently selected contract is already in that mission
- The green number to the right is the amount of contracts in that list.
- The red x box on the right can be used to remove a contract from any mission that it is present in.
- Selecting any existing mission will add the contract to it.
- Selecting the Create New Mission option will open the mission creator window.
- New missions can be created after giving them a name.
- Missions must have a name, can't use the same name, and must be under 20 characters.
All progress nodes, their rewards, and in some cases, information about when they were completed is shown in this window.
- There are four types of Progress Nodes.
- Interval Nodes: These are nodes with multiple levels of progression, such as the altitude or speed records.
- Standard Nodes: These are nodes not specific to any one Celestial Body.
- Point of Interest Nodes: These are nodes completed by visiting anomalies.
- Celestial Body-Specific Nodes: These are nodes which are given separately for each Celestial Body.
Mission Title Bar
The mission title bar is shown at the top of the window; it can be used to edit any mission except the "MasterMission".
- The Title Bar is a button that can be used to switch to Progress Node mode.
Mission Edit Window
- Change the name or delete any mission from within this window.
Version 9.3 for Kerbal Space Program 1.7.3
Released on 2019-08-22
- Fix contract window resetting when game settings are applied with the contracts window closed
- Fixed mission list popup windows not accommodating more than 4 or 5 lists
- Fixed errors when switching between stock and the old Unity UI style
Download (185.87 KiB)
Version 9.2 for Kerbal Space Program 1.6.1
Released on 2018-08-01
- Prevent window from always open on scene load
- Prevent opening of progress node display during loading
Download (186.10 KiB)
Version 9.1 for Kerbal Space Program 1.4.4
Released on 2018-07-31
- Contracts and parameters update their states properly
- Contract and parameter titles update when they should
- Window positioning is fixed
- When dragging the window around the screen
- When loading a file where the last saved window position is off the screen
- Avoid null reference errors when accepting contracts immediately after installing the mod
- Only applies when the mod has never been installed for a save file before
- Fix some potential bugs that caused the contract window to be blank
Download (186.11 KiB)
Version 9.0 for Kerbal Space Program 1.4.4
Released on 2018-07-30
Updated for KSP 1.4.5
Updated for Progress Parser 10.0
- Required for some problems with point of interest progress nodes
Complete overhaul of internal code for loading and displaying contracts and progress nodes
- Improves performance when:
- Opening/closing the window
- Switching between contract and progress node modes
- Switching between mission lists
Fixes to ensure that contract mission lists and all contract data is fully loaded before the window is initialized
Download (186.12 KiB)
Version 8.2 for Kerbal Space Program 1.4.3
Released on 2018-03-16
Update for KSP 1.4
Update for Contract Parser 8.0
Update for Progress Parser 9.0
Spanish translations by @Fitiales
Fix some UI positioning issues
- Some UI performance improvements
Download (183.54 KiB)
Version 8.0 for Kerbal Space Program 1.3.0
Released on 2017-05-30
Updated for KSP 1.3
Updated for Contract Parser 6.0
Updated for Progress Parser 7.0
Option to switch to KSP style window
Localization support for all UI text
Use TextMesh Pro for all text input fields
Lock keyboard controls while typing in input fields
Fix bug in VAB/SPH that caused the currency tumblers to be invisible
- Bring window to the front when clicked on
- Several tooltip bug fixes and improvements
Download (158.67 KiB)
Version 7.3 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2.2
Released on 2016-12-14
- Updated for KSP 1.2.2; should work fine in previous versions
- Tighter spacing between contract parameters and sub parameters
- Settings file no longer included
- No longer overwrites existing settings
- Only generated when saving with Contracts Window + installed
Download (140.52 KiB)
Version 7.1 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2
Released on 2016-10-25
- Add a Pixel Perfect toggle to the window options menu
- Aligns all non-text elements to pixel edges
- Can affect performance with a large number of contracts
Download (140.14 KiB)
Version 7.0 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2
Released on 2016-10-25
Updated for KSP 1.2
Updated for Contract Parser 5.0
Updated for Progress Parser 6.0
Complete UI replacement
- Now using the Unity 4.6 UI system
- Should be functionally the same as before
- More UI scaling options
UI and toolbar settings are saved in a persistent file on disk
Updated Toolbar wrapper
- Fix Unity initialization errors
Download (139.57 KiB)
Version 6.3 for Kerbal Space Program 1.1.2
Released on 2016-05-02
Update for KSP 1.1.2
Update for Contract Parser 3.0
Update for Progress Parser 4.0
Add replace stock toolbar function
- Fix an issue where the window would not open after exiting the Mission Control building
Download (105.99 KiB)
Version 6.2 for Kerbal Space Program 1.1
Released on 2016-04-19
Update for KSP 1.1
Update for Progress Parser 0.3
Update for Contract Parser 0.2
Disable stock toolbar override
Download (104.32 KiB)
Version 6.1 for Kerbal Space Program 1.0.5
Released on 2016-03-04
New installation location; must fully remove any old copies of Contracts Window +
Download (104.68 KiB)
Version 6.0 for Kerbal Space Program 1.0.5
Released on 2016-02-18
No changelog provided
Download (93.50 KiB)
Stats for Contracts Window +
Downloads over time
Downloads per version
New followers per day