NMS Modding Station
A little helper for creating mods for No Man's Sky. This tool was created to ease up the process of putting a mod together. It's primary aim is to cut down on some of the steps that are currently being done by hand but can be accomplished programmatically.
- Simple Interface
- Links to useful pages and other modding tools
- Setup the tool with directories you already use
- Unpack game files in a directory you choose
- Easily copy files into your project with their folder structure
- Decompile MBINs and Compile exmls with just a click
- Pack your mod with option to give it a name
- Smart mod packing. It will only pack the files needed for the mod.
- Settings for the mods you create for auto naming
- Version management for the mods you create
- Copy the mods you create to your PCBANKSMODS folder with a click
PSARCTool - This tool is built in and customized slightly to allow for custom names and selecting output directory. Thanks periander!
MBINCompiler - This tool is required. Thanks to emoose, monkeyman192 and all the other contributors!
Also another big thanks to monkeyman192 for testing and suggesting features!
Just extract "NMS Modding Station.exe" from the archive and double click it.
MBINCompiler -- https://github.com/monkeyman192/MBINCompiler/releases
If you are not on Windows 10 you will need:
.NET 4.5.2 -- https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42642
Version 1.1.1 for No Man's Sky 1.03
Released on 2017-02-08
- Fixed bug that prevented creating a new .pak file named the same as one that already existed.
Download (403.41 KiB)
Version 1.1.0 for No Man's Sky 1.03
Released on 2017-02-04
- Bug fix and small improvements
Download (403.40 KiB)
Version 1.0.1 for No Man's Sky 1.03
Released on 2017-01-08
- Added "Date Modified" and "Size" to list views
- Added project settings and version management. Set Mod Author, Mod Name and an option for version management.
- Added status bar
*Added the ability to create pak file from anywhere in your project.
- When packing mod the tool will exclude exml files. Now there is no need to go through and delete them before packing.
- Option to copy pak files from the tool to PCBANKSMODS directory
- When you copy your first pak file to the PCBANKSMODS directory it will check if you are correctly set up to use mods and fix it if necessary
- Option to open PCBANKSMODS directory
Download (403.37 KiB)
Stats for NMS Modding Station
Downloads over time
New followers per day