This mod is not known to work with the latest version of Kerbal Space Program. Proceed with caution.
ASET and RASTER PROP MONITOR IS NO LONGER BUNDLED!!
Please download their newest versions from their official download pages if you wish your IVA to have working instruments!!
Installation Guide: First time modders:
Drag the content inside the .zip file into your KSP installation folder. Install the IVA mods if you wish to.
About this mod:
This parts pack focus on space plane and contains more than 60 dedicated parts,
including OPT's trademark 'J' and 'K' type lifting body fuselage, 8 cockpits, large wing parts and engines.
The technology level of the parts are 'near future', OPT engines are efficient and powerful, suitable for SSTO.
This mod integrates well with existing stock parts, and the art style is inspired by the Mk2 system.
There are also other inspirations comes from animation, sci-fi movies and sci-fi artworks.
Module Manager v2.8.1, by sarbian
Firespitter Plugin, v7.4.X, by Snjo
*All of the mentioned mods below are bundled with the download, make sure you don't have any duplicated mods, and follow installation instructions carefully!
*OPT requires Module Manager to function! Otherwise OPT parts won't have fuel in them.
Firespitter Plugin is required for OPT fuselage fuel switch options. if not included, OPT will have fixed fuel amount and fuel type for all fuel tanks.
Planned Content/Q&A/Bugs/Patches/Extra Downloads
Note that there is a section in the forum page have links to some of the hot fixes for bugs that are in the lastest download
Please visit the forum page for more information and comments!
Thanks for supporting OPT!
Released on 2017-07-29
Note that if you are playing a science or career game play, your existing in flight craft will not be affected HOWEVER crafts inside VAB, SPH may show as "this craft contain invalid or locked parts".
You need to research relevant parts in the tech tree to unlock them again.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
• All OPT RCS now has a specific impulse of 350, and they require QUITE SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF ELECTRIC CHARGE TO RUN!!! Their technology also moved to Specialized Control (1 tier up). • Bug fix: Objects attached to the J deployment node are now shielded properly • OPT J Lab now belongs to Advanced Exploration instead of Supersonic flight. • OPT H fuselage parts moved to "Advanced Aerodynamics" • OPT J fuselage parts moved to "Heavy Aerodynamics" (since it's similar size to the Mk3 rather than Mk2) • Mk2 Ram intake moved to hypersonicFlight • OPT wing parts technology also moved to "Heavy Aerodynamics" • J deployment bay moved to "Heavy Aerodynamics" • OPT Kh moved to experimental Aerodynamics. (K fuselage is still Heavy Aerodynamics) • H_drone moved to large unmanned • OPT mk2 engine's CoM shifted forward by 1m • Support for CTT
Released on 2017-07-25
OPT 2.0 (for KSP 1.3):
• Added several new RCS parts • Added IVA for J science lab and H crew cabin. • Fixed JSL, JHT, JQS and KSP IVA windows (was 100% transparent). • Changed KH cargo/fuselage's inner node upward by 0.61, so it's centered for 3.75m parts. • Further reduced lifting body lift value by up to 10% • Cockpit and nose part's lift value reduced by 40% • Fixed h fuselage's lift value (reduced) • Applied all previous bug fix patches (missing h fuselage fuel and missing tech) • Fixed base mass value for MFT (set to -1) • Nebula engine(2.5m engine)'s Centre of Mass shifted forward by 1.5 (since the engine's main body isn't modelled) • Added TACLS for h crew cabins
Released on 2017-05-07
• Fixed ModularFuelTank config file, MFT is now properly supported. *MFT will break OPT stock crafts because it automatically replaces all the preconfigured fuel tanks. • Added line vesselType = Probe to J drone cores, added line vesselType = Plane to all cockpits • Fixed K cockpit's light not working • J-92 engine (schramjet) no longer uses fuel from other 'staged' or 'stage disabled' fueltanks. (thanks Flashblade!) • Added IVA for J Crew (should hold 10 kerbals but due to some issue it still only hold 8, if anyone find out why, please let me know :)) • Added IVA for ISL, ISP and Phoenix Cockpit • Added support for CCK (allows OPT to have it's own tab in SPH/VAB) • Changed Name tag for engines to OPT-E, wing parts to OPT-W for better organization when inside OPT's own category (for CCK) • Cockpit's reaction wheel torque re balanced (mostly reduced yaw and pitch). • Dark Drive's atmospheric output increased from 30% to 50% • OPT wing control surface lift increased by 50% (because many report that they are not effective) • Updated ASET props, Firespitter and RPM to latest release • Added Kh cargo, hollow fuselage, cargo ramp (6 parts) • Added H fuselage parts • Removed fuel options from J boarding ramp • All tanks using real fuel volume increased by 400% • Added nodes to K&KH 6m parts for h fuselage attachment
Released on 2016-12-15
- Added K 3m Fueltank - Added K to Tri 2.5m Engine Mount - Added K Space Plane Cockpit's IVA - Fixed missing collider for J service bay - Fixed unable to EVA from boarding ramp - Fixed OPT large, huge pylon and stabilizer a and b's lifting value, they now produce the correct lift (about 3 times more) - Added correct drag cube to: J deployment bay, J Cargo Bay, J Service Bay, K Hollow fuselage, K Cargo Bay (this should lower lot's of incorrect drag in some cases) - All Cargo bay's lookup radius increased slightly to cover the corners in the cargo bay. - Modified K Rear Cargo Ramp's colliders to be less bumpy - Fixed "play animation automatically" that caused cargo bays to not shield items inside at launch. - Added a dummy animation to K hollow fuselage parts, they now uses module cargo bay and shields stuff inside properly. - Removed J-SL cockpit's 40 mono propellant - Fixed K Cockpit's mesh, (above the middle windshield, the mesh was extruding inward) - J-SL cockpit now have a pair of built in retrograde RCS thrusters <<----------- should be pretty useful I might consider adding them to other cockpits - Stabilizer a and b's max actuation angle lowered from 30 to 20 - Stock aircraft Balari V SSTO reconfigured slightly (fuel tank positions) , should improve flying when gliding with empty fuel tanks, as well as increased delta V. - J Aerospike's mass increased from 1.21 to 7.26; cost increased from 9k to 11k; ISP at ground reduced from 390 to 380, ISP in space reduced from 420 to 390; - OPT's J and K fuselage's lift value rebalanced, j fuselage lift increased by 16%, k fuselage lift increased by 83%. - J and K fuselage parts mass increased; J by 10%, K by 20%;
Released on 2016-11-17
- Added J Inline Boarding Ramp, J rear boarding ladder, both have a small IVA (in utility section) - Added IVA to J-SL, J-HT, J-QS. I wasn't happy with the J crew tank, I will remake it and upload it next patch. - ASET prop updated to a version updated by forum user veld (color tag fix) - J Aerospike is now under "OPT Propulsion Science Division" manufacturer tab - J science lab increased data storage from 500 to 1050 - Module Lifting Surface's drag values corrected - K Spaceplane cockpit's bulkhead profile changed from 'K' to 'k' - FSFuelSwitch Mass Discrepancy Error should be fixed - In parts config file, part's name have been moved to the top. - Updated firespitter to 7.4.2 - Updated Module Manager to 2.7.4
Raw stats are from the beginning of time until now. Each follower and download entry represents one hour of data. Uneventful hours are omitted.