What is DarkMultiPlayer?
DarkMultiPlayer is a multiplayer mod for KSP. It supports subspace-style (and master controlled warp) warping & career mode, with an easy-to-edit server database.
Can you show me the code?
MessageStream: https://github.com/godarklight/BinarySerialiser (Used for building the network messages)
How do I install it?
Client: Simply extract DMPClient/GameData/DarkMultiPlayer into GameData.
Where do I get the server?
How can I contact you?
Easiest way is IRC, I'm happy to answer any questions and talk about bugs/missing features/suggestions.
Server: irc.esper.net, Channel #DMP. If you don't have an IRC client, there's a web chat here: http://webchat.esper.net/.
Released on 2019-04-15
- Fix a small issue where DMP would not notify the players when to run DMPModpackUpdater, or in some cases sync properly.
Released on 2019-04-11
- Update to 1.7
- Multithread client hashing
- Fix part detector
Released on 2019-03-30
- Modpack support
- Automatically detect safety bubbles
- Bugfix for a rare bug where settings fail to load, preventing the main menu window from loading.
- Vessel permissions support.
Released on 2019-03-18
- Fix the rotation interpolator, this is by far the most obvious change, vessels should no longer "twitch".
- Create and use a UDP meshing library - vessel updates from the same subspace are now sent over UDP directly to other clients. This completely removes the server latency out of the vessel update equation.
- Fix vessels not showing up on the map correctly
- Stop HackyInAtmoLoader from saving vessels that are supposed to be destroyed, this caused lots of duplicates for part updates.
Released on 2019-01-11
- Update to 1.6.1
Released on 2018-12-28
- Update to 1.6
Released on 2018-10-20
No changelog provided
Released on 2018-03-29
- Update for 1.4.2
Released on 2018-03-26
- Do not hold back orbital updates for the interpolator
- Attempt to fix vessel flicker
Released on 2018-03-22
- Add interpolation, and set it as default
Released on 2018-03-21
* Another attempt at positioning using a step extrapolator
Released on 2018-03-20
* Update to 1.4.1
* Fix positioning (hopefully!)
Released on 2017-10-21
Released on 2017-07-14
* Fix a server crash when a player disconnects during warp
Add missing 1.3 part
Fix a DMP crash during connection
* Fix the ModWindow, it should have show up when there are incompatible mods with the server.
Released on 2017-05-27
Port to 1.3.0
Fix DMP not working on 32bit clients
* Code Cleanup
* Convert client side settings / saved servers to ConfigNode format instead of XML.
Released on 2017-01-31
Fix some cases where unity methods were hit in threads (Should fix SET_SUBSPACE disconnect)11
Changed the "sendPlayerToLatestSubspace" server option and removed "keepTickingWhileOffline" (as it no longer makes sense).
When set to "false", you will be sent back to the exact time you disconnected.
When set to "true", you will be sent to the latest universe time (default, and old default behaviour).
As "pausing" the latest time while the server is offline / no players are connected, and remaining locked to a subspace while offline made little sense - I've decided to remove the option which should have never existed in the first place, the option should be a lot more intuitive now, before it depended if a player was online, now it doesn't. It'll also keep you paused even if you turn off the server.
Fix kerbal gender assigner (it stops kerbals in vessels from taking a walk on the wild side)
(Hopefully) Fix the SET_SUBSPACE bug
Fix a lockup caused by the KerbalDodger (resolves double assigns, locked up when reassigning a tourist)
Various bugfixes (flags, threading issues, kerbals)
Fixing a bug that has existed since day one of DMP, the server didn't correctly send players to the latest subspace, only the last created one.
Released on 2016-12-10
Released on 2016-11-14
Thanks 81ninja, Caylis1397 for your contributions!
Released on 2016-06-25
- Allow server admins to disable reverting
- Fix a bug where vessels would not display in the map screen
Released on 2016-04-21
godarklight * Port to 1.1
Raw stats are from the beginning of time until now. Each follower and download entry represents one hour of data. Uneventful hours are omitted.