The KSP craft editor is an approximative tool where the part's position and angle are not displayed anywhere so we have to rely on primitive techniques like counting the number of grid snaps or placing parts "by eye". While this is the Kerbal spirit, this become annoying for the serious craft builder. So this mod is intended to remedy that and offer a more accurate alternative part placement method than mouse and gizmos. This might change your craft building experience !
Delete any existing PreciseEditor directory in your KSP GameData directory.
Download the zip file and unzip it in your KSP GameData directory or use CKAN.
- Set part position or rotation exact value.
- Increment / decrement position or rotation by a certain value.
- All part transformations in absolute or local mode.
- Automatically update all symmetry counterparts, struts and fuel lines.
- Show the precise location of the center of mass, center of lift and center of thrust.
- Enter the exact value for some part module's value instead of the inaccurate slider. (ex. : control surface authority limiter)
- Units for position are in meters with 4 decimals of precision so 0.0001 is 1/10th of a millimeter.
- Units for rotation are in degrees and angles are Euler angles
- Press P while the mouse is over a part show the Part Edition Window.
- Click the Precise Editor icon to show the Vessel Window.
- Press Escape to close all Precise Editor windows.
Version 1.0.3 for Kerbal Space Program 1.6.1
Released on 2019-01-20
- Fixed a mirror symmetry counterpart bug.
- Tweakable fields are now found dynamically instead of having a fixed list (Thanks to Canisin for that contribution).
- Position and Rotation become Absolute Position and Absolute Rotation.
Version 1.0.2 for Kerbal Space Program 1.6.1
Released on 2019-01-13
- Support for KSP-AVC.
- Fixed a NullReferenceException when used with mods that change part modules. Window was not opening in that case.
- Do not reset Part Edition Window position when pressing P on a part while the Part Edition Window is already opened.
Version 1.0.1 for Kerbal Space Program 1.6.0
Released on 2019-01-06
- Adjusted keyboard control lock.
- Fixed the Z SetRotation rotating around the Y axis.
- Update editor gizmo position and rotation.
- Fixed a mirror symmetry rotation bug.
- Fixed a NullReferenceException when clicking the new or load craft button while the Part Edition Window was open.
Stats for Precise Editor
Downloads over time
New followers per day